Windows 10 1909 End Of Service
Microsoft reminds users about Windows 10 1909 version to reach its end of service next month, that is May 2021.
The “end of service” means that the company will not provide any technical support for the product version. As well as any there will no any fixes for bugs, security patches and fixes for any newly discovered issues.
So, users who are still using Windows 10 1909 version are advised to upgrade the software with the latest version. This will keep the system available for security fixes, future updates and secure from attacks.
“Your computer will still work, but it could become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because you won’t receive new security updates or other quality updates. ““Microsoft offers complimentary support to ensure that your device has the latest updates installed and requires that your device be up to date before assisting with other technical support issues.”
How To check your Windows 10 version?
To check which Windows 10 version is active on your computer, follow the below steps:
- On your taskbar, type “winver” hit Enter;
- This will open an “About Windows” dialog box, which mentions which version of Windows 10 running on your device.
This screenshot showing the latest version of Windows 10, 20H2 version. So, you you are still using Windows 10 1909 and previous ones then update it as soon as possible.
Microsoft releases a workaround for users experiencing activation issues on their Windows 10 for versions 2004 and 20H2. About Windows
Which Windows 10 version is reaching its end of support from May 2021?
Microsoft says that Windows 10 versions and various other editions will reach its end of service from next moth starting 11th May 2021.
- Windows 10 version 1909 editions for Home, Pro, Pro Education and Pro for Workstations.
- All Editions for Windows 10, version 1809, except LTSC editions.
- Includes all editions for Windows 10 version 1803 and Windows Server.
Also, checkout all the products expiring in 2021, click Products Ending Support in 2021.
Microsoft Announces Windows 10 2004 in a broad deployment
In February, Microsoft announced that the Windows 10, version 2004 will be in a broad deployment. So, it will available to users via Windows Update.
“Windows 10, version 20H2 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. We have started a new phase in our rollout, ” says Microsoft
To manually check for Windows update:
- Click on Start > Settings > Update & Security
- Next, click on “Check For Updates”.
- If you are running Windows 10, version 1903 or later, you may see the new update available;
- Select Download and install to start the update;
- After download completes, Windows will ask for the specific time to install the updates.
If you are not able to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update via the above steps, Microsoft advise to check for known issues and fixes on Windows 10 Health Dashboard.
Microsoft Support Docs.