Stop Chrome From Opening Automatically At Login On Mac
You may have noticed that some apps automatically launch when you restart your Mac. This is although a good feature that allows apps to run in the background and keep synced like Dropbox, drive, browser and any other apps.
However, there are apps which you do not need at reboot, so they only consume your RAM. Eventually, too much of background apps slows down your Mac. So, it is better to checkout which apps are set to autorun and remove the ones you no longer need.
Here is the best three ways to stop startup apps on Mac from launching automatically
Three ways To Stop Chrome And Other Apps From Opening Automatically At Login On Mac
Although, Google Chrome is one of the popular and most used browser all around the world. However, Mac users often prefer Safari browser over Chrome. So, in such cases, Mac users may think of disabling the auto start up of the Chrome with every Mac reboot.
So, to stop Chrome from opening automatically at login on Mac, follow these steps:
- On your Mac, choose “System Preferences” from main Apple menu on top of your desktop;
- Next, locate “Users & Groups” section under preferences;
- After which, a new window will open, showing users and login items. Now, choose the user and then switch to the “Login items” tab. Here, you can see the list of applications set to launch when the Mac restarts.
- To stop chrome from opening automatically at login on Mac, select Chrome and click on the “-“ button at the bottom.
If you wish to simply disable the Chrome window at restart without actually stopping it from launching , then select Chrome and uncheck the box beside the Chrome application.
You can perform this step for other apps too.
- On your Dock, right-click on the Chrome icon;
- Click on “Options”;
- Then, uncheck the “Open at Login” option.
If the option is already unchecked, then check it again and then uncheck. And do not open Google Chrome after the reboot of your Mac OS.
The best and easy to way to stop Chrome From Opening Automatically At Login On Mac is using CleanMyMac X. It is developed by Macpaw and is notarized by Apple. This is an all-in-one comprehensive Mac security and optimization tool which have plenty of modules to easily tweak Mac settings, which often seems tricky to manage.
It lets you quickly remove programs from auto-start up on Mac that make the system load faster on launch.
- Download CleanMyMac here.
- Install and launch the app.
- From the dashboard, choose “Optimization” tab.
- Now, click on “Login items”.
- From the list of apps, choose Google Chrome.
- And click on “Quit”.